Jamie and Ari like each other.
Karin and Tom do, too. 😊
They might be at two separate parties, but their stories are identical.
Until they really aren’t.
Part documentary, part confession, part open conversation, YES YES YES is a theatre show created specifically for young adults. Exploring the knotty and necessary topics of healthy relationships, desire, and consent, it blends audience interaction with captivating solo performance.
The result is a funny, generous, and innovative piece of contemporary theatre that speaks directly to one of the most pressing issues young people face today and holds its audience at its heart.
Humorous, witty, and moving, it sparks conversation where conversation can be difficult.
International research tells us the most effective way to support young people to have happy, healthy relationships is to talk about the good stuff — desire, attraction and most importantly, consent and what it looks like. Young people actually already have the skills, but they haven’t always been taught to use them in sexual or romantic contexts.”
Karin McCracken, co-creator & performer of YES YES YES.
- Creators/writers: Eleanor Bishop & Karin McCracken
- Performance: Karin McCracken
- Direction: Eleanor Bishop
- Lighting Design: Rachel Marlow for Filament 11
- Tour Producer: Fenn Gordon for Tandem
- Creative technician: Oliver Hawke
- Duration: 60 minutes*, no interval
- *Plus 15 min post show forum
- Patrons are encouraged to bring their phone as they will be invited to use it during the performance