calling all sunshine coast drummers: call-out closed
Horizon Festival is calling on our local percussion community to join forces with one of Australia’s leading performing arts companies, to deliver a work of epic proportions.
Please note: this call-out has now closed.
about the performance
Working alongside local Drum Captain and musical mastermind, Chucho Bruno, you will join our ensemble of up to 100 fellow volunteer drummers, to thump out a scintillating live score in a dynamic community driven performance as part of Horizon Festival 2023 (Fri 25 Aug – Sun 3 Sep).
Gather with us. Let’s unite forces, nurture our percussive energy and primal connection to rhythm. This is your chance to be a part of a performance designed to pull audience members into the present moment, to wholly captivate attention and energy, and to excite a sense of community and togetherness.
No previous experience necessary. We are looking for drummers of all experience levels, from beginners to pro’s. Drummers must supply own instrument.
What’s involved + key dates
This is a unique opportunity to work with one of Australia’s leading performing arts companies and we ask that all applicants take note of the key dates outlined below.
Facilitated by local Drum Captain, Chucho Bruno, located in Coolum (venue to be advised), every Thursday evening for a 5-week course in the lead up to Horizon Festival:
- Thursday 20th July, 6–8pm
- Thursday 27th July, 6–8pm
- Thursday 3rd August, 6–8pm
- Thursday 10th August, 6–8pm
- Thursday 17th August, 6–8pm
Combined rehearsals, located in Nambour (venue to be advised):
- Tuesday 22nd August, 5–8pm
- Wednesday 23rd August, 5–8pm
Dress rehearsals, located in Cotton Tree:
- Thursday 24 August, 5–8pm
All performances, located in Cotton Tree:
- Friday 25th August 6pm (call-time TBC)
- Saturday 26th August 5.30pm, and 7pm (call-time TBC)
For all performance enquiries, please contact Claire Brady, Horizon Festival Producer, at firstname.lastname@example.org
All the videos used in the drumming parody compilation video belong to their respective owners and the Artist or Horizon does not claim any right over them
- Game of Thrones, Season 2, Episode 9, HBO (2021)
- Jurassic park, Universal Pictures (1993)
- Whiplash, Sony Pictures(2014)
- 10 Things I Hate About You, Touchstone Pictures (1999)
- Cadbury Advertisement (2007)
- Carlton Draft Advertisement, George Patterson Y&R (2005)
- Beijing Olympics, (2008)
- Great Wall, Universal Pictures (2016)
- Stomp Out Loud, HBO (1997)
- Wolf of Wall Street, Paramount Pictures (2013)
- Beyonce – Coachella (2018)
- Fogo do Samba Bergedorf, YouTube (2016)
- Tar, Universal Pictures (2023)
- Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)
- Mr Bean, Live Performance
- The Office, Season 8 Episode 7, (2011)
- Jimmy Fallon, The Late Show (2014)
- Blue Man Group (2019)