First Nations singer songwriter, Uncle Joe Geia and his band combine his songs, video, and storytelling to warmly introduce audiences to the lives of some of Australia’s most important and influential Indigenous leaders.
Geia’s authenticity, reputation, and experience make such a telling possible. This musician’s musician has walked the story.
Through his show From Rations To Wages To Treaty, Joe Geia brings audiences an opportunity to learn, reflect, and — above all — celebrate the lives and work of Indigenous leaders and activists in a way that brings people together in the spirit of truth and reconciliation.
At a time when an Indigenous ‘Voice to Parliament’ is forefront, the voice of Joe Geia is more important than it has ever been. From Rations To Wages To Treaty is a show that Australians simply cannot afford to miss.
- Writer and Creator: Joe Geia
- Musicians: Joe Geia (lead vocals/guitar); Ruth Ross Pe’er (Violin); Phill McKenna (Bass); Avau Fanene (drums); Michael Sunjay Jude (Keyboards); Graham Moes (Lead guitar)
- Background visuals including original artwork by Joe Geia, archival footage and footage from Nic Morley and Lyn Geia
- Sound technician: Marcello Milani
- Food and Beverage: Alcohol and drinks will be available for purchase pre-show. There are multiple local cafes and restaurants within walking distance.
- Parking: Shared carparking around Jack Morgan Park with some dedicated accessible parking spaces.
- Duration: 2 hours.