Terms + Conditions
The following are terms and conditions of entry into The Bunker Spoken Word Competition, Horizon Festival 2021.
- Entry for the competition through Horizon Festival registration - First ten registrants for each will compete on the night.
- Competitors for HEAT #1 must be live performers, capable of performing on the Sunshine Coast for both HEAT #1 and the GRAND FINAL if successful.
- Competitors for HEAT #2 must be digital performers capable of logging on live to a Zoom session with video and audio capabilities. See Tips for a great Zoom performance below.
- Random draw for performance order.
- Three-minute limit for performance (three minutes starts from first word on stage). Points are deducted for time over.
- Poetry and storytelling must be original work.
- No musical accompaniment allowed.
- All competition entrants must attend at least one of the heats.
- Top 5 from each heat progress to the GRAND FINAL.
- Performances will be judged by a panel of independent judges at the heats and the Grand Final. Judges will use a scale of 1 -10 and the criteria applied will be: presence, literary device and language, effective delivery, voice and articulation.