The Sunshine Coast Council through ArtsCoast and Horizon Festival are providing one not-for-profit arts venue on the Sunshine Coast the opportunity to learn from an arts industry leader as part of its inaugural Arts Venue Mentorship program.
This is an exciting opportunity for a venue director or board member to build the capacity and sustainability of their organisation over four intense one-on-one sessions. The mentorship will also include a group session with the venue’s board and/or staff.
The program will offer tailored sessions focussed on the particular aspects of the business identified by the venue as requiring development. This may include (but is not limited to):
- Developing business strategies and plans;
- Developing funding strategies - increasing income streams and cash flow;
- Identifying new services and opportunities; and
- Developing effective marketing and audience development strategies.
ABOUT THE MENTOR
Liz Burcham has extensive experience in the commercial, government and not-for-profit sectors of the creative industries as a creative producer and business leader. Career highlights include:
- Cultural Director for the City of Newcastle, responsible for the city’s cultural strategy, contributing to the city’s urban renewal;
- CEO of Metro Arts, a Brisbane-based contemporary arts space dedicated to the development of artists and contemporary practice, where over her 11-year tenure Liz developed Metro Arts into a nationally respected organisation providing a leading platform of infrastructure, incubator and producing services for performing and visual artists; and
- Content Director for Seven Network’s entry into digital services.
- Submissions open: Mon 11 Feb (9am)
- Submissions close: Mon 25 Mar (midnight)
- Notification to successful applicants: Thu 11 Apr
- Mentorship commences: Mon 29 Apr
To qualify for this mentorship, your arts venue must:
- Have legal not-for-profit status;
- Be situated within the Sunshine Coast Council Local Government Area; and
- Be interested in developing organisational strategy and planning, funding strategy, audience development, health and safety, and grant writing.
ArtsCoast is the Sunshine Coast Council's Arts Plan 2018 - 2038.