The Bunker: Heat One
The Bunker: Heat One
The Bunker Collective showcases the best local and global spoken word talent, taking the stage to have their say and share stories spanning the personal and political through powerful lyrical flow.
Competition heats are open to aspiring writers and performers of all levels of experience and will also feature guest performances from some of the most exciting touring performers in the genre. The Guest artist for Heat One is Loki Liddle, from Alternator Poetry Gold Coast.
The Bunker Series is a collaboration between Peripheral Arts and Writers Republic, who will again be hosting a signature series of events including workshop opportunities, competitive heats and guest performances all leading up to tThe Bunker Grand Final event to be held on Sat 31 Aug at The Imperial Hotel, Eumundi.
Whether you come along as a performer, a workshop participant or as a member of the audience, this series is guaranteed to ignite a love of stories and blow you away with the power of performance.
Terms & Conditions:
Prize Money – Winner $500, Runner Up $250 and People’s Choice $100
- Entry for the competition is at the venue on the night of the heat.
- Random draw for performance order
- Three minute limit for performance (three minutes starts from first word on stage
- Poetry and storytelling must be original work
- No musical accompaniment allowed
- All competition entrants must attend at least one of the heats (you may compete in both heats)
- Top 5 for each heat progress to the final 31st August
- Performances will be judged by a panel of three independent judges at the heats and the final. Judges will use a scale of 1 -10 and criteria applied will be Performance (freedom from script, dynamism), Originality and Quality of Written Piece, Time limit, Audience Reaction.
- Performers aged 15+ can compete at the Maleny heat and the grand final only
The Bunker Spoken Word is supported by the Regional Arts Development Fund, a partnership between the Queensland Government and Sunshine Coast Council to support local arts and culture in regional Queensland.