As the sun sets over Mount Tibrogargan, we invite you to experience a poignant cross-cultural music performance; an ode to Gaia (Mother Earth) at this time of environmental crisis.
Songs of GAIA is the world premiere performance from Ensemble Beyond Borders, a group of musicians exploring new ways of creating music that reflects the rich cultural diversity of Australia.
Featuring internationally renowned musicians, Ensemble Beyond Borders incorporates the musical cultures of Papua New Guinea, Mongolia, Tibet, South India and Macedonia.
Performed at sunset, this stunning outdoor concert celebrates both the rich cultural diversity of our people and the majesty of our beautiful mother earth.
- Director: Linsey Pollak
- Lighting Designer: Simon Woods
- Linsey Pollak (winds)
- Airileke Ingram (percussion)
- Bukhchuluun Ganburged (Morin Khuur + voice)
- Lizzie O’Keefe (voice)
- Nadia Sunde (voice)
- Tenzin Choegyal (Dranyen + voice)
- Tunji Beier (percussion)
- Parking will be available at The Australian Teamsters Hall of Fame, adjacent to Bankfoot House at 2001 Old Gympie Rd.
- You are invited to BYO picnic and drinks to this performance.
- A reminder to wear warm clothing and closed in shoes as it gets very cold once the sun sets.
- Please bring a rug or portable chair to sit on as this is an outdoor event with no seating in place. If you bring a chair, we ask that you please sit to the back of the audience viewing area, so that people seated on the ground can see.
- As it will be quite dark once the concert finishes, please bring a torch to assist with making your way back to your vehicle.
- Photography is welcomed but we ask that you remain seated during the performance and no flash is to be used.
WHILE YOU’RE AT BANKFOOT HOUSE
Bankfoot House Museum walk-through: 4–5pm
Arrive early and take a walk through historical Bankfoot House, discovering stories of ingenuity and endurance of the three generations of family who lived there for 134 years.
Find out more about Bankfoot House here.